Inland Marine Insurance

Let’s help protect the biggest investment you’ll make in your lifetime.

inland marine insurance icon

The ultimate add-on

Inland marine insurance is a type of business insurance that helps cover products, materials and equipment while they are transported on land.

Ideally, this coverage is provided as an add-on to your Businessowner’s policy that helps protect business property that is movable, or used for transportation or communication purposes. However, this coverage can also be it’s own stand-alone policy.

It’s important to determine if some of your business dealings fall outside the coverage provided by your existing commercial insurance. For example, you may have coverage through your Businessowners insurance policy for the cameras, lighting and other equipment in your photography studio. However, this equipment may not be covered if it is being shipped to another location for a shoot.

If you are considering inland marine insurance or have questions about whether this coverage makes sense for your business, our agents can help you assess your company’s risks and needs.


When away from your premises, tools and equipment are not covered by your Commercial Property policy.

What's covered by Inland Marine Insurance?

Inland marine insurance helps pay to repair or replace portable business property that is damaged by a covered peril listed in your policy. Perils that may be covered by Inland Marine Insurance may include:

  • Theft
  • Fire
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Water damage

In addition to the above, an Inland Marine insurance policy may provide additional coverage for specific situations. this may include protection for:

  • Mysterious disappearance: Missing property where the cause of the loss cannot be discovered.
  • Accidental drop and damage: Property losses caused when an item is dropped or mishandled, either in transit or in loading/unloading.

What types of property does it cover?

The types of property typically covered by Inland Marine Insurance include a wide array of specialty equipment and materials used for business. For example:

  • Computer systems and personal computers
  • Communication and networking equipment
  • Construction and contractor equipment
  • Medical and scientific equipment
  • Trade show exhibits
  • Sales samples
  • Photography equipment
  • Cargo or items for delivery
  • Tools

Ready to get started?

Getting set up with the right insurance is easier than you think. To get started, click the button below to start a quote.

Or, connect with a Diebold agent at (989) 345-0200.